BookBoro is committed to providing writers with a better way of getting new, deserving books published and out into the world, regardless of the path they take. We’re bringing our community an additional layer of support to get your manuscript ready to publish!
1. Polish Package – $2760*
- Optional add-on: book proposal (custom quote)
2. Self-Pub Prep Package – $7100*
- Two proofreads: one pre-composition and one post-composition to catch any errors introduced in the design process
- Cover Design – three choices will be presented from our top-notch designers. Revisions incur additional charges.
- Interior Design and Layout (can include up to 10 graphics or simple figures, i.e. a Venn diagram or chart)
- eBook file conversion
- Copyright registration and ISBN barcode
- Step-by-step instructions to establish your Amazon KDP and Ingram Spark accounts
- A set of seven social media posts with graphics or launch week
- 50 free paperback books
- DIY Book Marketing Toolkit
- Author retains their rights and 100% of royalties
3. BookBoro Imprint Package – $8500*
This package assumes the manuscript has been vetted and meets the criteria to be published on the BookBoro print-on- demand imprint. We partner with Greenleaf Book Group, with the author retaining 70% of the net royalties.
Included: all of the above in the Self-Pub Prep Package in addition to a managed book and ebook distribution setup and access to a dedicated account manager
* Manuscripts longer than 60,000 words, four-color books, and children’s books require custom quotes.
A la carte services
• Book Cover Design – $1995
Three choices will be presented from our top-notch designers. Revisions incur additional charges of $45/hour
• Interior Page Design and Layout – $5.30/page
Custom page design and interior page layout (can include up to 10 graphics or simple figures, i.e. a Venn diagram or chart)
• Standalone Proofread – $760
For manuscripts under 60,000 words
• Editorial Diagnosis:
Nonfiction – $275; Fiction – $415
An editorial diagnosis is a thorough read of the manuscript from beginning to end. Experienced editors with genre depth are matched with each manuscript. The editor reviews it for high-level issues, such as organization, missing or extraneous content, tone, and verbosity. They also review it for lower-level issues, such as grammar, word choice, spelling, and punctuation. The diagnosis will identify any issues and make recommendations on what type of editorial work is needed to make the manuscript retail ready.
How it Works
- Select the package that is right for you by completing the form below.
- A BookBoro representative will reach out to you upon submission to discuss details regarding your manuscript, production timeline, and more.
- Once a package and general timeline has been determined, a contract will be sent to you where an initial payment will be due upon signing.
- After your BookBoro contract has been signed and initial payment is made, we will identify and appoint the right team editors to complete production.
Is BookBoro Publishing Right for You?
____ Do you have a final title/subtitle for their book? [If not, we’d recommend signing up for the self-publish or BookBoro imprint package]
____ Do you have a final manuscript?
____ Does your manuscript include any figures? If so, please include an art log for the self-pub or BookBoro imprint package.
____ Is your manuscript in Microsoft Word? If not, you must convert it to Word before submitting it.
____ Are you comfortable working within specific deadlines during the production process? Are there going to be any upcoming days/weeks that you will be unavailable?
____ Do you have Adobe Reader on your computer? You will need this to view the cover designs and final files (for the self-publish or BookBoro imprint package)
____ Do you consider yourself fairly tech-savvy? You’ll need to upload files to Amazon KDP and Ingram Spark and upload social media posts (for self-pub package).